I knocked out a few repairs on the motorhome this week, as I have been letting work get in the way of some basic issues.
I have been battling a problem with my RV Sani-Con (macerator system that pumps out waste water tanks) since we were in Moab last October. I had taken it apart, but it never ran quite right after that. I took it apart again this week and found that the main rubber gasket was a bit beat up, and was causing the impeller to bind a bit.
My options were to buy a new unit (~$400), buy a new pump from ShurFlo (~$150), buy a rebuild kit (not sure of the cost), or cut a new gasket myself. I went with the new gasket.
I bought some rubber/fiber gasket material from an auto parts store and cut out a new gasket. It went right on, I did a little trimming, and put it back together. Pretty simple!
The results were awesome. It has been a long time since it has pumped this well. Sweet.
Next job was to restring a day/night blind from one of my office windows. One of the strings broke, so I removed it and was pinning up a cloth every night for a curtain. I ordered a restring kit from the Dirty Blind Guy. The restring was not too difficult and I only had to redo it once!
Hung it back up in the office window and it worked great. I was pretty happy with myself, and while I was patting myself on the back, I noticed I put them on inside out. Had to flip it around :(
Two for two in the repairs this week. It doesn’t usually happen like that. I’ll take it.